Number one: I am a voice major at BYU-I. I love music and everything to do with it. I also love anything art-sy like painting, drawing, visiting museums, watching dance (ballet! I love it!) etc.
Music is my life and as a college kid pursuing it, I often have mixed feelings. It's easy to feel discouraged and be like, "man, what am I going to do once I graduate with a Bachelor of arts in singing?" and other times it makes me feel awesome cause people say, "wow, a music major huh. well that's really cool. what are you going to do with that?" And I usually tell them of my plans of working in a recording studio or teaching private lessons or even going to grad school to learn speech pathology. (although honestly, I have no clue!) {small sigh} It also well known throughout the campus that being a music major is THE HARDEST MAJOR.
This is indisputable truth. sometime Ill blog about why, but for now it's not important.
I feel pretty sure that the music department is where I am meant to be. At least, I am going to hope so since my roomates would probably kill me otherwise ( I pretty much sing ALL the time. In the shower, doing dishes, drying my hair..you name it. I even sing without realizing I am singing. Oh funny fact: I sing when I am scared as well. the first timeIi went rock climbing with REAL rocks, I was humming nervously everytime I got stuck.)
Well tootles. that's enough for now. Wouldn't want to squeak it all on the first blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment