
I figured that so much has been happening all at once, I'd better blog about some of it.
Angie, Ross, and Jacob have been in Oregon now for about a week. It has been a blast with all of them here at once! Angie is pretty much a long lost daughter to my parents seeing as how well she is coping and blending so beautifully in....if you can call it blending. When you are at home with MY family it is more like you stick out to blend in.
The Adamson house hold is made up of many strong personalities and with everyone at home (except for Willow) things are kind of back to normal, or how they used to be. :D There is five different songs being sung, or played, in all parts of the house. AT ONCE. There is constant talking and dramatic story telling. There is laughter and silly ness- ALWAYS. Angie has stepped right into the crazy of crazies and has proved herself just as insane as the rest of us. CONGRATS! I think my brothers are quite impressed. Thus, she has blended herself into the world of Adamson.
Mostly I have had to work the first few days Ross, Jacob and Angie have been here, but I hear that they have amused themselves while I was away by seeing the farmer's market and other such things in Coos Bay. While with them, we have gone to see Inception and have just hung out at home playing games, watching movies, and singing music for each other. It has been fun.
Today the whole family got back from our Adamson Family camp out in Nehalem!! We all packed our things on Friday morning, got in the car and road (hehe a pun) for 6 hours getting there. We made a lot of stops to random places and bathrooms, played the A,B,C find-a-name-for-each-letter-on
It was great to see the family! A lot of people were there surprisingly, since everyone is grown up now. With them came all the little new faces!! There is a whole new crop of Adamson offspring coming in now: Cash, Joah, Jasper, Rylan and a baby was born to Shannon and Chris while we were there camping. They didn't come of course! Oh, and I can't forget Dusty's sweet little family! haha. But wow, it's so cool and...weird. I MUST be getting old.
Also, Kevin's daughters showed up which was a nice surprise! I Haven't seen them for a long time.
Anyway, it was like most camp outs: We spent a lot of time around a fire talking and singing; We played games like Sequence; We went to the beach and made sandcastle, and also played Ultimate frisby with a foot ball; enjoyed each other's company and ate. It was great!
Highlights:
-sharing a two man tent with Angie (we called it our secret sharing tent) -seeing all the family and new faces -Uncle Jim's BBQ YUM! -the sweet centrifugal contraption on the little kid's playground!!!! You'll just have to ask about THAT one -rolling my way down the beach with Angie
-making sandcastles and then having a random dude come over and "Pimp" them up -playing football on the beach and watching a game of sequence after I got back -singing TAGS and songs with my family around the camp fire

Me and Angie settin' up tent. It was "intense" hehe

The Sandcastle pimp daddy

Angie started to get cold. I think the feeling shows quite well in this photo :D

Ross found this cool smokey the bear thing at a rest stop!

The beautiful beach and the Sandcastles!!! :D



While I was camping I also saw part of "Much ado about nothing" that was going on in the near by amphitheater. It was pretty cool. Mostly it was just funny since they weren't exactly professionals. Haha! A lot mistakes and improv was happening would be my guess, although I have never seen the play before, I'm thinking the actors aren't suppose to say, "What, What, What....what is my line?"
Anyway, it was a fun adventure. Angie and I had a lot of silly late night bathroom trips and singing shower experiences. Good Stuff.
Now we are safely home and I cannot WAIT to take a shower!! Tomorrow it's back to the grind of work and then I have the remaining Tue-Thurs off to spend with Angie and my brothers before it's time for them to head back.
No comments:
Post a Comment