Waters of March

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_Ekf6nHj8&feature=related

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brazil.....in t minus....!!!

I can't belive there is only 12 days!!!!!

OH

MY

GOSH!!!!!

It is so soon. I hope that I will have the things I need, that I will be prepared, that my visa will come on time, that I will be the greatest missionary ever!!!! I hope so many things.

I am close to being ready. I still need a camera and some warmer clothes. I think it will be fall when I get there.  I feel good in that I am on the last chapter or Preach My Gospel, I read the Book of Mormon last semester, and I have been studying Portuguese. Meu Portuges e melhor. :) (My Portuguese is better)

Everyday I get more and more excited!!!

People have been asking me about the flooding in Brazil lately. Yes, Sao Paulo has gotten hit at least once with some flooding. A few people have died. I understand that some city streets were flooded and it caused a lot of traffic problems. I don't think the floods are as horrible as the ones in Rio de Janeiro though.

I have been cautioned by many to be safe, warned of the crime in Sao Paulo. To those people I must say, I will be very careful, but I am really not worried about it. I will have a companion with me 24/7 and we have lots of rules for our safety. Don't worry about me!

I will post my address next time I blog!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hillary! I was going to send you a little text but I guess I'll write it here. I wanted to tell you how sweet you are for sending that letter my way. So so nice. You are a dear girl that will do so great in Brazil as well as everywhere else in life! I was thinking the other day that you probably never got the brands of all my sweaters! So guess what, I'll tell you them right now.
    *Forever 21- My blue short sleeved one with ruffles down the front (currently wearing it ha!)
    *Merona (target)- my brown long sleeved one and my bright yellow one that I loooove
    *Joseph A., qu'est-ce qu ec'est silk (got it at a thrift store)- my bright orange long sleeved one
    *??? (sears)- my green long sleeved one, I cut off the tag.. sorry dude.

    I just looked in my closet and I think this is all. Hope this is helpful!! Miss you Hillary!

    ReplyDelete