Waters of March

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_Ekf6nHj8&feature=related

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kirsti's Wedding

The day started off early! I was kind of sleepy from staying out late the night before (I had enjoyed a day with wedding rehearsal and pizza with the Gaunt and Payne family) but once I got a shower and put on my make-up, the excitement of the soon to be wedding woke me right up!! I headed over to Kirsti's and was there by 9:30. It was a full house! Tyler and his family were there as well as Tristan and her fiance! Tyler and Tristan are Chris and Kirsti's siblings. Kirsti, Suzzy, and Tristan were getting ready in the bathroom and Caiden and Ashton were running about looking for entertainment as every one else were rushing about making sure nothing was being forgotten for the big event! CHAOS at it's best :) I tried to help out by engaging young Caiden in a game of Cookie monster. Basically I would tickle Caiden with the talking Cookie Monster, he would ninja kill it, we put him in the monster hospital, then brought him back to life. Caiden would help me check his heart beat, air passage way, and eventually we would give Cookie Monster chest compressions. It was fun. I think Cookie monster must be in the cat family since he died about 10 times.

Once the girls were ready, we all left for the Beauty Bar in North Bend. Trent came along as well. We had a great time and the girl doing our hair was awesome! She did Kirsti's, Suzzy's, Tristan's, Kylie's, and my own hair, plus a do for Trent ;) It took a little while, but for that many people, it was not bad at all!

After we all were looking beautiful, we went back to the house for a quick lunch break and headed out the door once again for the actual ceremony.

We all were a little nervous in the car ride. I was up front with Kirsti. Every so often I would hear her inhale deeply. We all felt that way a little. I guess it wasn't just nerves, but excitement! It was like, we couldn't believe in a few hours she was going to be married! It just kind of snuck up on all of us even though it had been on the calendar for a while. Crazy how time flies.

We arrived at the gardens and there was fog everywhere! AHHHHHHHHhhhh! However, while we were getting our dresses on in the Garden House, the fog cleared- just in time! Kirsti, I'm convinced , is a good luck charm. Everything that could've gone wrong, didn't. People had been worried most about the seating and the fog the day before at rehearsals, but the seating was fine and fog burned off revealing a glorious summer day in the gardens! At 3:15, people were in their places and the wedding began.





One word to describe Kirsti's wedding: BEAUTIFUL.

Kirsti and Jason Payne presented themselves after a lovely sermon by Pastor John and they were the picture of happiness and light! The flowers in bloom and the greenery in the background rendered the event a certain elegance and calm beauty. Kirsti had wanted it to be a more traditional and simplistic wedding with a romantic look to it. I think that was accomplished and more. I was truly touched when they said their vows and was so honored to be a part of their union! As a member of the bridal party, I was the only bridesmaid that was not related to Kirsti. I felt very special.

Bill Grami photographed the whole wedding from the Beauty Bar, to the Garden House, to the ceremony, to the after wedding pictures in the gardens, and all the way to the reception at the Mill Casino which went until 9:30 that night. He was very personable and professional.

The reception was a lot of fun! There was delicious food to eat: prime rib and chicken, salads to choose from, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, and then cake afterwards too! People could drink at the bar if they had a mind to, and there was lots of dancing!

A toast was given by Tristan and the best man, Bobby to send off the new couple with Congratulations! There was the flower toss, I was like the only girl there over 12....and the garter toss, and of course the father of the bride dance, and we all enjoyed a special moment when Grandfather Amel danced with the bride. He's getting quite old now, and it was a very special thing that he could be a part of the event. Chris was loosing it next to me and told me that he didn't think his grandfather would be around for his own wedding when he decided to settle down. Again, I was touched almost to tears. It was a happy moment that Kirsti was there with Amel on the dance floor.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My mom even came for a while to enjoy the celebrating and wish the couple luck. I had a lot of fun dancing with Chris and Kirsti, talking to Sam and Caitlyn, Bret and all of the family members. I also really enjoyed seeing the younger kids go and shake some moves out on the dance floor!

At the end of the night, we all gathered outside to send off Kirsti and Jason Payne with bubbles and good byes! I ended up going back to the Gaunt house, and they let me borrow Kirsti's car so I could get home.

After thoughts: I am so grateful that Kirsti wanted me to be a part of this special event in her life. I have known her for four years now, and I have always been inspired by her beauty. She truly is a person who is beautiful inside and out. She and Jason have been together for almost 7 years now. Time really does fly! I know they will truly be happy together for the rest of their lives!

Kirsti was talking to the beautician in the Beauty Bar when I was getting my hair done. They were discussing how she knew who to pick for the bridal party. I was happy to find out her answer. She said, " I knew immediately who I wanted to be my bridesmaids: Tristan, Suzzy and Hillary." I am truly honored and have been since she asked me in the beginning. Although I didn't help with decorations, or much of anything, I was able to be there for her on her wedding day. I did small things like cut the flowers for her hair, or take pictures out to the car, but all in all, it was enough. She was glad I was there, and that is all I need to know :D

So, here is my toast to you, Kirsti and Jason Payne! May your life together always be filled with laughter, happiness, and beauty. May you always look into each other's eyes with love! Jason, you are a good, good person and I see that you truly love Kirsti, and Kirsti, you have always been a friend, and you are sweet, smart, beautiful, and any guy would be lucky to be your husband! To you! As Bill and Ted would say, "Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!"

2 comments:

  1. Hey you, I'm loving all the blog updating! You are a beautiful writer, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thanks. hehe, shucks...actually...I am rather sloppy. I don't edit out very many spelling errors. haha! What about you! Where is your blogging, miss!?

    ReplyDelete